The Best Buy Credit Card
Acquiring a Best Buy credit card allows you the opportunity to make web purchase (payment). You can also pay for items when you do a walk-in purchase from a BestBuy in-store. This same card will let you make savings from your purchases because of the numerous discounts attached to it.
The Best Buy credit card has two versions:
- The store credit card: Can be used in the Best Buy in-stores and other online payments
- The visa card: Allows you to transact other business and make payments like it’s your regular bank card.
Both cards come with their %discounts
- Store credit card gives you a 5% discount for all Best Buy transactions
- Visa card gives you the same 5% discount on Best Buy purchases, a 2% discount on all food and grocery purchases and lastly a 1% discounts on your everyday payments.
How to Acquire a Best Buy Credit Card
BestBuy credit card can be applied for both online and in any BestBuy outlet. Below is a step by step guide on how to apply for a credit card in both situations.
Create A Best Buy Account: If you have an existing account, simply sign in on the store’s website to start your application process. If you don’t have an account, you need to create one using the following info:
- Your first and last name
- Your email address
- Your phone number
- A password combination that you can remember and
- A Best Buy ID
The Application: Your application process will start with a form Citigroup Inc. when you click the “apply now” option. The form will have fields for the following details:
- Email address
- Full name
- Home address
- Mobile number
- Details of your annual income
- Monthly mortgage/rent payments
- Date of birth
- Social security number
- Driver’s license or Government ID number and
- Your ID card’s expiration date
Preferred Type of Card: When the application form is submitted and your application is approved, the next step is to indicate the type of card you want. The only available cards are:
- The Best Buy credit card (store card) or
- The Best Buy Visa card
Terms: Before the card application will be complete, you will need to agree to the BestBuy interest rates, charges, and fees. These fees include:
- The Annual Percentage Rate: depending on current market rate, might be around 25.49%.
- Interest charge: is a minimum of $2, with varying possibilities
- Late fees and returned payments fees: might run up to $37
The interest charge is only for when payments are overdue usually after 25 days after each billing cycle.
Delivery: Once you’ve agreed to the terms of the card and your application is approved, your card will be delivered by mail within 7 to 14 days of approval. Good thing is the approval occurs almost immediately when you apply online.
Please note that before applying for a best buy credit card, you need to know the necessary requirements and qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Before applying for a BestBuy credit card, you should have the following qualifications
- You should be at least 18 years of age
- You must also have a Social Security Number and a Driver’s License or a Government-Issued ID card.
- You should have a browser with 128-bit security encryption
- You would need a printer or an external storage drive to view the Best Buy privacy notice, disclosures, terms and conditions. Or request for a hard copy of these docs by writing to “Credit Program, P.O. Box 6403 Sioux Falls, SD 57117-6403”