Digital Marketing is also known as data-driven marketing. It is an act of marketing of products or services, using digital technologies basically on the internet with the aid of mobile phones and various digital medium.
And its development since the 1990s and 2000s has changed the way brands and business utilized technologies for marketing. This digital marketing was first used in the 1990s; digital marketing became more sophisticated in the 2000s and the 2010s.
This is can also be referred to as a cyclical geographical area where certain commercial demands of products and services are been carried out with the aid of internet facilities locally or internationally.
Basically, this kind of marketing refers to a process of advertising delivered through digital channels such as social media, email, search engines website and mobile apps.
Digital-marketing can also be carried out to promote a particular business to showcase its usefulness in the society to enable sufficient productivity and acquire a standard place on the social media. Digital marketing has been in place since the advent of technology in human existence.
Advantages Of Digital Marketing
Let us look at some of the advantages of digital marketing as it is very necessary. We will be looking at only the key advantages as there so many advantages of digital marketing.
- Builds brand reputation: when you deliver exactly what you promised it will help you develop a better relationship with your targeted audience and users and help transit them into potential and paying customers that will go back and interact with your site some more.
- Delivers conversion: Business mobility products and services online measure success by the percentage rate of incoming traffic gets converted into leads, subscribers or sales depending on the intended purpose of your website.
- Facilities interaction with the targeted audience: the digital market has taken over traditional marketing channels because of the ability of internet marketing tools to interact with the targeted audience in real time interacting and providing your customers with proper engagement point can give you an insight of what your targeted audience want.
Disadvantages of digital marketing
It has its own bad side which I will show you now for the purpose of knowledge
- Despite the fact that digital marketing allows you to promote your business, the setup cost of a website is too high, therefore you need to spend more time on choosing an attractive layout for your website.
- They are a lot of customers that are still not aware of the internet. A lot of people prefer buying products on store instead of buying it online.
- Spamming is one of the major challenges and setback for online marketing and secret data can be easily hacked.
- When it comes to digital marketing you need to be aware of fraudulent activities and online scam.
- It can be difficult and easy in access by a layman.
Types Of Digital Marketing
- Pay per click advertising
- Public relations
- Content marketing
- Viral marketing
- Influencer marketing
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Social media marketing
- Affiliate marketing
Reasons For Using Digital Marketing For Small Businesses
- For cost-effectiveness.
- Better conversion rates.
- From digital marketing, a higher revenue can be generated.
- Easy access to mobile consumers.
- It helps to earn the customers trust.
- Convinces customers to take favorable actions.
- Necessary for business survival.
For me, if you have any business now or you are about to start one, digital marketing is the key as most surviving and booming business today are doing well because of their presence online.
Read More On Social Media Marketing :